We will talk to communities within METRONET projects as often and as early as possible. METRONET projects are about creating benefit for the communities they are built in – which is why we want to involve you from the start.
What you can expect
We encourage the community to contact the Communications and Engagement relations team directly if you need more information, have a suggestion, or want to discuss any concerns you might have, so we can work together.
We will ensure active, ongoing and timely communications with the local community by:
- Communicating in an open, transparent and timely manner
- Informing the community and all other stakeholders of the project and its benefits
- Working with the design and delivery teams to find opportunities to minimise construction impacts on pedestrians, motorists, cyclists, residents and businesses.
- Communicating disruptions with plenty of notice, using as many channels as possible
- Providing the local community with opportunities to discuss concerns and potential issues
- Responding promptly to community enquiries and concerns