Preferred Parking Location
In November 2019, we asked you to help us decide the parking location for Noranda Station from three options above drainage basins built as part of NorthLink WA.Thank you to everyone who provided valuable feedback on the parking options through our community survey, resident meetings and workshops, and a community drop-in information session.
Based on our assessment, which included community feedback, design work will focus on a car park to the north-east of the Benara Road bridge.
Early thinking for this option included car park access via Acacia Court and a ‘left-in, left-out’ from Benara Road.It also proposed a change to the road layout next to John Septimus Roe Primary School.
You told us access via Benara Road is essential to reduce traffic on local roads and the design should aim to maintain free flowing traffic on Benara Road with no traffic signals.
As part of the design process, which includes site surveys, traffic modelling, road design, assessment of constraints and a review of local resident and future passenger amenity, we are working towards the following improvements for this option:
- Entry into the car park from Benara Road for both west-bound (right-hand turn) and east-bound (left-hand turn) traffic.
- Left turn only exit from the car park onto Benara Road.Motorists heading west would need to take the u-turn that already exists west of Beechboro Road North.
- Pedestrian, cyclist and service vehicle access via Acacia Court.No public vehicle access.
A car park to the north-east of the Benara Road bridge, with the improvements listed above:
- minimises the need for land acquisition;
- minimises traffic impacts on local roads;
- removes the need to change the road layout next to John Septimus Roe Primary School; and
- allows us to design a station and car park that will enhance local connectivity for pedestrians and cyclists using the station.
The above suggestions are now being investigated as part of the design process for Noranda Station.We will share more information on the final design in mid-2020, when the project definition phase for the Morley-Ellenbrook Line is complete.
Thank you for your feedback
Throughout our conversations with you, the main issues you wanted considered were:
- Reducing traffic impacts – including traffic on local roads and avoiding traffic signals on Benara Road.
- Minimising residential impacts – minimising land acquisition as well as street parking, noise and visual impacts.
- Ensuring sufficient number of parking bays.
- Ensuring easy and universal access for passengers.
- Ensuring good lighting and security.
Update December 2019
Thanks to everyone who took part in our consultation process to help us choose the location for parking at Noranda Station.
More than 270 of you completed the survey, with 60 local residents taking part in facilitated workshops and another 60 community members speaking to our project team at an informal drop-in session last month.
The consultation period is now closed and our project team is assessing all the feedback. Once complete, we will get back to you in the new year with a preferred option that will be progressed to the detailed design stage.
How can I have my say?
This consultation is now closed. You can email us at email@example.com or call us on 9326 3666 to discuss the options and ask any questions.
November 2019 - Help us decide the parking location for Noranda Station
Noranda Station will be built within the Tonkin Highway median, immediately north of Benara Road, to serve those living in Noranda, Morley, Beechboro, Kiara and Lockridge, and provide convenient access to Lightning Park.
Station access including parking, feeder bus services, cycling and walking are all key considerations in planning a train line and for Noranda Station, three possible locations for parking have been identified above drainage basins built as part of NorthLink.
These locations are:
- Option One - south-west corner of Tonkin Highway and Benara Road crossing
- Option Two - north-west corner of Tonkin Highway and Benara Road crossing
- Option Three - north-east corner of Tonkin Highway and Benara Road crossing
More detail on each option is outlined in the Noranda parking options fact sheet.
As a future passenger of Noranda Station, we would like your input as part of the assessment process for the final car park location. Your feedback will be combined with local community input as well as our ongoing technical studies to ensure we have identified key considerations for the final location. The selection of a location will also allow the design process to begin.