Standard work hours are Monday to Saturday, 7am–7pm, and any out-of-hours works are indicated below. All works will follow approved noise and traffic management plans, and every effort will be made to minimise impacts. For questions about project works, please email email@example.com or call 9326 3666. For all out-of-hours works, please contact the site supervisor directly on 0437 844 378.
Rail infrastructure (ongoing)
Out-of-hours works within the Mandurah Line rail corridor (along Kwinana Freeway) between Roe Highway and Russell Road/Gibbs Road, and at the Glen Iris Tunnel:
- installing drainage and underground services
- road works including lane closures, asphalting, line marking and maintenance
- traffic barrier installation
- delivery and unloading of materials including ballast rock, tracks, cable drums and cabinets
- piling and concreting
- installing handrails, guideposts, signage and light poles
- excavation and compaction
- track construction
- installing overhead line equipment and structures including steel columns, beams, footings and wiring
- installing signalling equipment and communication cables.
Works within the freight rail corridor between the Glen Iris Rail Tunnel and Thornlie Station include:
- building retaining walls along the northern side of the freight rail corridor in Jandakot, Canning Vale and next to Nicholson Road and Tom Bateman Reserve, Thornlie
- installing underground signalling service
- installing water reticulation and drainage
- building the rail embankment and foundation, prior to building the realigned section of the freight line
- track construction.
Retaining wall, Jandakot (ongoing)
A permanent retaining wall will be built on the northern side of the rail corridor to make room for the rail tracks.
Loading and unloading of materials at site compounds and stockpiles at:
- the bushland south of Berrigan Drive and west of the Kwinana Freeway, with vehicle access via Verna Court, Cockburn
- the corner of Karel Avenue and Berrigan Drive, Jandakot
- Karel Avenue, west of Orion Road, Jandakot
- Nicholson Road Station site, Canning Vale
- Tom Bateman Reserve on Wilfred Road, Thornlie
- O’Dell Street Reserve, Thornlie
- east of Canning River via Rimmer Lane, Kenwick.
Retaining and noise walls, Thornlie (ongoing)
Installing piles, posts and concrete panels along the northern side of the freight rail corridor behind houses on Partridge Way and Lyrebird Way, Thornlie.
Site investigation in Thornlie, Kenwick, Beckenham and East Cannington (ongoing)
Night works to locate underground services, geotechnical testing and survey work taking place from Thornlie Station to Gerard Street, East Cannington and in the Kenwick Rail Tunnel.