Standard working hours are from 6am – 7pm, Monday to Saturday and Sunday when required. Night works will also intermittently be in operation 7pm – 7am.
All work will follow approved Noise and Vibration Management Plans.
For any queries during night works, contact the Site Supervisor on 0428 867 398.
Impacts to Gilwell Avenue (30 November 2020 – February 2021)
There will be staged impacts to Gilwell Avenue as works continue on Albany Highway to replace and relocate the water main. Traffic management will continue relocate as the works progress.
Works will include:
- 7am Monday 30 November until 7am Friday 4 December – Temporary closure of the westbound lane on Gilwell Avenue near IGA. Access will be maintained to the IGA car park and all businesses.
- 7am Friday 4 December until 7am Monday 7th December – Temporary full closure of Gilwell Avenue/Albany Highway intersection. Works will be carried out during the day and night to ensure the re-opening of Gilwell Avenue on Monday morning.
- 7am Monday 7 December - Gilwell Avenue/Albany Highway intersection re-opens.
- January until February 2021 – Following Fancote Street reopening, total closure of Gilwell Avenue/Albany Highway intersection.
Albany Highway will continue to be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction.
The community may notice large trucks and machinery on local roads and in the rail corridor creating noise and vibration. Detours and traffic management will be in place.
Night works will be required for the weekend closure, and will follow an approved Noise Management Plan, complying with the Australian standards and the Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations.
Construction on Railway Avenue and Third Avenue (From 23 November 2020 to April 2021)
Works will begin on road realignments, service relocations and installation of a new signalised intersection.
- Widening Railway Avenue to four lanes from south of Third Avenue to south of Bray Street.
- Realigning Third Avenue to connect to Davis Road.
- Installing a new signalised intersection at the realigned Third Avenue and Railway Avenue.
- Road construction works include major excavating, and utility service relocations.
- Detours in place on Merrifield Avenue and Camillo Road.
In December, Railway Avenue southbound lanes (east side) will be closed between Third Avenue and Cammillo Road. Sections of Third Avenue will also be closed, and access to Slee Avenue from Third Avenue will be permanently removed (Slee Avenue will become a cul-de-sac).
Access to properties will be maintained at all times. However, some detours will be in place where lanes are closed as per the Traffic Management Plan (see detour map below).
Some noise and vibration from large machinery may be experienced but all work will follow approved noise and vibration management plans.
Closure of Davis Road (November – April 2021)
From November 9, access to Davis Road from Albany Highway will be temporarily removed. Access to Davis Road will be via Streich Avenue and Kelmscott Plaza carpark.
In late November, Davis Road will be entirely closed until April 2021, with temporary closures of Streich Avenue near to Davis Road also. Local access will remain.
This is to allow for the following works:
- Completing the storm water installation including micro tunnelling works under Albany Highway.
- Widening Davis Road to four lanes and adding new turning pockets near the underpass.
- Installing two new sets of traffic lights at Davis Road/Albany Highway and Davis Road/Streich Avenue
- Excavating, asphalting and realigning roads with temporary closures of roads and intersections where required.
The community may notice large trucks and machinery on local roads and in the rail corridor creating noise and vibration.
Detours and traffic management will be in place.
Drilling Works (September - December 2020)
Drilling works will take place on Albany Highway, Fancote Street, and Third Avenue from 21 September to December 2020.
Vibration and short drilling noise for environmental investigations may be noticeable.
Water main installation on Lake Road, Camillo (12 October – December 2020)
A water main will be installed on Lake Road, between Cammillo Road and Centre Road in Camillo as part of the upgrades to the Water Corporation service relocations.
Lake Road which will be reduced to one lane of traffic in the southbound direction, and from 9am – 3pm daily between 30 November – 4 December, both southbound lanes on Lake Road will be closed.
Traffic management will be in place including detours for lane closures.
Water main installation on Albany Highway (September – December)
Traffic management will be set up to relocate and replace a water main on Albany Highway.
As part of these works there will be upgrades to Albany Highway, Fancote Street and Gilwell Avenue that include utility services relocations, footpaths and pavements.
Albany Highway will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction with traffic management in place.
Large machinery on Albany Highway and Fancote Street will be used to excavate the existing road surface to complete water main relocation works. Road reconstruction will follow.
Detours will encourage drivers to use local roads, and access to local businesses will always be maintained (through detours when required) via side roads and laneways.