A multi-million dollar project at Claremont Station will improve passenger experience at the station, increase service frequency and allow direct access to the Forrestfield-Airport Link.
To allow this to happen, we’re building new rail infrastructure called a turnback so Forrestfield-Airport Link trains can drop passengers off at Claremont Station and turn around to head back the way they came.
In addition, we’re upgrading Claremont Station with improved bus facilities and bringing the heritage station up to current accessibility standards.
Work on the Claremont Station Project is taking place between Showgrounds, Claremont and Swanbourne stations, with some additional work occurring west of Swanbourne Station.
Works are scheduled to be complete during the first half of 2022.
Every effort will be made to minimise disruptions but, the following can be expected:
- Transperth service impacts due to temporary line and station closures;
- temporary traffic management arrangements;
- shared path and footpath diversions;
- clearing of vegetation within the rail reserve and on PTA-managed land; and
- out of hours construction activity where full access to the rail line is required.
Major impacts including out-of-hours work and Transperth service disruptions will be communicated in advance. To keep updated, register for METRONET project updates and Transperth Travel Alerts.
The works page has detail on current construction activity.
For information about the project, please email email@example.com or call 9326 3666.